- My vanilla latte from Coffee Bean in Malibu stays hot all the way home 18 miles to my tiny carriage house in LA. They make a mean vanilla latte, but are always out of the chocolate muffins I like.
- Dads do not like their sons calling their new step-dads “dad.” While it's true that I love my step-dad and have called him “dad” since I was almost 4 yrs-old, I still would rather my parents never separated.
- Metrosexual is a word that was used by folks unaccustomed to straight men with style or good taste (of which I have neither).
- I did see the underside of a dragon flying through the opening of a cloudy night when I was about 9 years-old just shy of midnight on Christmas Eve (the same year I received a used bike for Christmas).
- I never tire of telling my sons funny stories that make them laugh (the kind of laughter where they're begging you to stop and they can't breathe and tears are rolling down their faces). I sometimes get tired of them having me repeat the same stories four times in a row; but, I do it anyway because I love their laughs ... plus, I'm a big ham.
- If L.A. were inhabited solely by Armani-clad Cyclopes, Oliver Peoples would make the best monocles and they would cost a lot (and mine would be tortoise shell).
- It makes me happy that my sons were born on the vernal and autumnal equinoxes. The changing of the seasons is a wonderful, life-affirming thing -- like my sons.